Dig-IT – Marketing Innovation – What the Flux
Pakistan Advertisers Society are once again organizing the Dig-it digital marketing conference that they did way back in 2012. It’s really interesting that there has been a dearth of marketing seminars and conferences in this part of the world for the last couple of years, and now all of a sudden you’ve got two marketing seminars in a span of one week. The choice of day, however, is not good. You don’t want to organize a conference with a packed schedule on a day like Friday when there’s a long break for Jumma.
It would be interesting to see how the organizers manage it all. But I’ve got a feeling it’s not going to be smooth sailing.
The objectives of the platform remains to:
- Address issues that the Pakistani digital industry is facing.
- Promote local talent and give them voice thereby fostering innovation.
- Bring in international expertise to help build up the local industry where needed.
- Help build skill-sets by providing organized training and inspiration platforms.
Some of the key speakers of the conference are:
- Stephan Loerke, CEO at World Federation of Advertisers (WFA)- Brussels
- Joseph Cummiskey, Head of Sales, Facebook, Ireland
- Asad Ur Rehman, Director Media, North Africa & Middle East, Unilever
- Michael Leander, International Marketing Speaker, Trainer & consultant – Denmark
- Mohamed Megahed, Commercial Director, ConnectAds
- Aly Mustansir, Chief Marketing Officer, Bank AlFalah
- Gagan Deep Bhalla, Managing Director, MRB Global
- Yousef Tuqan, Vice President, Marketing & Analytics at Careem
- Badar Khushnood, Country Consultant, Twitter Pakistan
- Syed Azeem Afzal, General Manager, BBDO Proximity, MENA
- Imtiaz Noor, Head of Marketing, Kaymu Pakistan
- Salman Abedin, Digital Strategist, Consultant, Canada
- Athar Osama, Founder and Chief Executive, Pakistan Innovation Foundation
LAST DATE TO REGISTER: April 15, 2016.
PAS Members: 10,500/- (+Tax) per participant
Non Members: 12,500/- (+Tax) per participant
Now let’s see how many people actually turn up to attend the PAS Digital Marketing conference considering the fact that the Marcon 16′ conference was held just a couple of days back.